Friday, September 5, 2014

Vintage Faire Project Wrap-Up... Paint Colors, Products & Techniques

 
If you follow me on Facebook, you have probably already seen most of these photos, as I had posted them just before the Vintage Faire, but I wanted to share a few details about paint colors, products and techniques used for anyone who might be interested!  Most of these items have sold but a few are still available in my booth at Camas Antiques!

 
This sweet little table ended up with a much more distressed finish than I typically go for but I was loving the contrast of it's shabbiness next to some of my more elegant pieces!
 
 
I started with a coat of Paloma Chalk Paint®, followed by a coat of Old White.  After a whole lot of heavy distressing, I got this wonderful marbled look with the original wood grain showing through in places.  I completed the finish with Clear Wax.


I am really trying to savor these final blooms from my garden!  I think the thing I miss most about summer once it's gone is going out into the yard early in the morning to pick a pretty bouquet to enjoy.
 
 
Three vintage suitcases got a whole new look with Antoinette and Old White Chalk Paint®.  I used Martha Stewart's Peacock Feather silk screens from Michaels to add some design interest and finished them off with both Annie Sloan's Clear and Dark Waxes.  The coffee table was painted in Old Ochre, distressed and finished with Clear Wax.
 
 
This cute little log cabin was my first sale of the day at the Faire!  When I bought it originally it had been painted a glossy white.  I gave it a quick coat of Antoinette and a wash of French Linen.  As much as I love Annie Sloan's wax and use it exclusively on furniture pieces, I couldn't bear the thought of waxing in and out of all of those little crevices.  However, I did want to protect my paint finish so I brushed on a quick coat of Artisan Enhancement's Clear Top Coat for an easy matte protective sealer.
 
 
Two sweet little chairs painted in Antoinette were adorned with crowns.  This was a fun project that I hope to do again!  The crowns were printed from The Graphics Fairy on a laser printer, then transferred onto the painted surface with Artisan Enhancement's Image Transfer Gel.
 


And now I think it's time to start a few more projects!  I hope to have something special completed to share next week!  Have a wonderful weekend!  Thank you for your sweet visit!
 
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

 
 Sharing With:
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch To Yours
 Friday's Unfolded at Nancherrow