Thursday, January 16, 2014

Monogrammed Dresser, for my Honey with Love

 
Earlier this month I picked up a pair of dressers at the thrift store.  I had every intention of painting them for the shop and had just gotten started when I caught my husband giving this one the once over.  After a little discussion and consideration, I agreed to paint it for him and repaint his older, smaller, slightly less masculine dresser for the shop.
 
 
A few years ago we painted our master bedroom a pretty deep purple.  I got some lovely new bedding for Christmas that year and had always intended to repaint our dressers, but never seemed to get around to it.  The old dressers are vintage and sweet, but I had painted them bright white years ago and they were a little to stark against the deep purple walls.
 
 
I chose Country Grey in Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint by Annie Sloan for his dresser.  I would consider this color more of a taupe than a grey.  I have been so fond of the greys lately, that choosing this color was like stepping out of the box a little, for me.  I am really pleased with it and love how warm and rich it looks in our room!
 

I wanted to keep the design simple as our room already has a lot of pattern and clutter, but I couldn't help adding just a little bit of detail.  The trimmed out rectangle painted in Old White was the perfect place for a monogram!  I painted the letters on in French Linen and then lightly distressed over them with sand paper.  Clear wax sealed the whole piece, along with a little bit of dark wax here and there.
 
 
So, I think he likes it!  I told him it was an early Valentine's Day present!  I put my heart and soul into it, after all!  Now that we have a freshly painted new-to-us piece of furniture in our room, I am itching to do more!  Isn't that always how it goes?  It's the domino effect.  I've made a master bedroom décor to-do list and priority one is a makeover for my own dresser, followed by some new curtains!  Once it's all put together, I will share a post on the whole room!
 
Thank you so much for your visit!  I hope you're having a lovely week!
 
Many Blessings,
Amanda
 
 
 
Sharing with...
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed
 Furniture & Paint Party at Start at Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch To Yours
What's it Wednesday at Elephants and Ivy
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
 Wow us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style