Thursday, November 15, 2012

Christmassy Crafting, Painting and Such

 Last weekend was the annual Camas Antiques Holiday Open House.  With a million other things going on, I had to hunker down and work hard to get some Christmassy inventory into my space!  Unfortunately there was just no time to blog amongst all of the crafting, painting, pricing, etc. (not to mention caring for this busy family of 5)!  I did manage to take a few photos to share with you and although I feel like things are not slowing down (tis the season, right?)  I am determined to get a post up today! 
 
 
This fun and fancy tree is made up of Spanish moss (love that stuff!) and Paris Grey and Duck Egg Blue pine cones!  I am working on a chalk painted pine cone tutorial for you!  I have made many things with these pine cones and I am really loving the look, especially the Paris Grey with the Spanish Moss!  Isn't it Frenchy?  I will try to have that tut up for you this week!  It is so easy, and a fun activity to do with kiddos!
 
 
I adore this card I found on Etsy!  I purchased the file so that I could print multiples to use for my Christmas items at the shop...I think I'll use them for gift tags at home too!
 
 
Here is another altered book, painted in Old White and dark waxed before vintage trim and baubles were added to make it special!
 
 
A cute little vintage wooden stand holding more pretties, painted in Old White!
 
 
I made up a couple of these French Christmas signs.  We will be making them at my next Annie Sloan Chalk Paint workshop!  Notice that the background is the old world finish that I used to makeover my Chifforette!
 
 
I painted this arm chair in an Antoinette/Old White mix and then waxed it with a custom French Linen wax!  I was so pleased with the end result.
 
 
 
I ended up using the very same finish on this little vintage chandelier as I did on the chair!
 
 
 My Chifforette made it's debut for at the Holiday Open House!  I wanted it to be the focal point for my display.  I secretly hope it doesn't sell.  It looked so fabulous in my dining room and could just as well hold table linens as it could garments!
 
Thank you for your sweet visit today!  I hope you're having a lovely week!  Do come back next week for that chalk painted pine cone tutorial!
 
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda
 
 
 
Sharing this post with these fun link parties:

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Inspiration Friday at The Pickett Fence
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed
Chalk Paint Link Party at Shades of Amber