Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bow and Garland Antique Mirror Makeover

Added to my shop space this week was a beautiful mirror I picked up while out thrifting not long ago.  It was old, heavy and missing bits of trim here and the price was a little higher than I like to pay for a thrifted mirror, but the bow detail won me over!  At some point someone had spray painted the frame a shimmery bronze/brown color.  Not a horrible color, but the beautiful trim was almost altogether lost in it. 
2 coats of ASCP Old White later and a treatment of clear and dark waxes and the bow and garland motif really stands out!
I made my poor little dog pose in front of the finished mirror for a little photo shoot.  He was so confused as to why I would make him sit here and stare at himself.  His defense mechanism was to lie down and go to sleep! 
I am planning to add a little more color to my display this month!  I feel like it's time to change things up a bit.  Of course I am still in love with white and there will always be lots of neutrals available in my booth space!
Thank you for your sweet visit!  I am joining my friend Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday!  Come check out all of the wonderful white inspiration there!  Have a lovely day!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda